Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Roundish Pen

For my birthday, I was given the gift of 8 more round pen panels.  This meant I could create a round pen in Sabi's pasture for us to work in, for me to build confidence while riding him.  But the pen is not exactly round.  It's roundish.  It's under a large oak tree, and there are some space constraints due to permanent structures such as trees and a canopy that are preventing said pen from being truly "round".  Unfortunately, this is probably the ONLY place on this entire property where I can put it.  There really is nowhere else that is open enough that would not be in the blazing sun without a drop of shade.  And I want some shade, doggone it.

So we'll make the roundish pen work.  Maybe it won't be as boring for him as a truly round pen.  No mindless circle.  He'll have to think about those slight angles.  Well, he gets bored easily anyway so maybe this is for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment